About the role:
As a Junior Accountant at ThinkITLimited, you will primarily work as one of ThinkIT’s office administrator and junior accounts manager. You will mainly work on the day to day activities of accounts management of ThinkIT Limited. thinkIT junior accountants are professional, collaborative, good at making the companies daily transactions and expenses are recorded. Always continuing to grow personally and professionally. They have both excellent interactive skills, filing skills and strong team skills.
The specific responsibilities of a Junior Accountant include:
- Proper record keeping and filing of thinkIT company transactions and expenses on a daily basis.
- Develop and Design budgets, Payment receipts, Requisition forms, Payment Vouchers, employment payroll, tax filing and management.
- Attend meetings in order to be familiar with the daily company activities.
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement and other reports
- To provide monthly reports on the expenses and reconciliations within the company with clear explanation of the deviations happening compared to the budget lines.
Qualifications & Characteristics
As the ideal candidate for this role you
- A three-year degree in Accounts or Business Administration from an accredited university.
- Familiarity with working in a Team
- Exposure to Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and Excel as these are the primary tools you will be using.
- Experience writing reports.
- Exposure to Agile methodologies or moving fast and getting things done.
- Enjoy collaborating, problem-solving, and being part of a team environment
- Have a vibrant personality and exceptional communication skills (English, verbal and written)
- The ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and limited supervision
- Have the ability to build rapport and communicate with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Strongly motivated by our mission of closing the gap.